Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Day in the Life of a Carpooler

So this week it is my week to carpool, and though it does make for a tad bit longer of a week, it does provide great material. FYI, I deliver 6 children to school on my week, 5 girls and 1 boy, MY boy, the youngest. Yesterday was his birthday, so imagine one little 6 year old boy in the car with 5 girls ranging in ages from 7 to 12.

This morning, I delivered my middle schooler, then I delivered my junior-higher, and next stop was the elementary where I would deliver the remainder of my goods. The drill is that Ethan scoots over and gets out and flips the seat down for the last 3 girls to get out. They are 8, 7 and 6. As Ethan was flipping the seat down a teacher arrived behind him for some much needed help and assisted the girls out of the car. After doing so, she looked at Ethan and said, "Don't worry, they can't kiss you today, they're already inside." Then she looked at me and said, "They kiss him every day, and it makes him so mad..."

No comments: