Saturday, September 27, 2008

Deep Thoughts on Humanity

Yesterday after school, the kids climb in the car and as soon as they settled, the following conversation between Ethan and me ensued:

Him: Mom, can boys have babies?
Me: Nope.
Him: Never?
Me: nope
Him: Oh GOOOD. WHEW.
Me: Why?
Him: Cuz I don't wanna have a baby when I grow up
It just tickled me so much that I kept laughing because I kept thinking about him worrying about it all day, biding his time until he could ask me.

Today the topic was boobs. He was asking me why the body that I use to take pictures of my necklaces has boobs. I told him to make the shirts fit right and he said, "But you don't have boobs..." I said, "Why yes I do!" Then he commented that he sure hoped he never got them. I told him no way would he ever get them, he's a boy. I could tell this news was quite a relief. Then he pulls his shirt up and points to his nips and says, "Then what do you call these?" I told him the typical, "Those are markers of where you would have boobies if you got them." Then he said, "Do you have these underneath your boobies?" I told him I used to have those, and they turned into boobs. He had no more questions after that, he seemed satisfied